New Perspective Community's
fabric is composed by Mission, Vision and Values. Our structure, our decision-making process and our budget aim to provide support for accomplishing our mission. In order to protect her unity and mission, New Perspective Community has a clear path in how a member should deal with issues and problems in our community. Let’s unpack New Perspective Community.
Love God, Love All. Serve God, Serve All.
To be a Christ-centred community in Saskatoon, which cares for the city, brings people to Jesus and develops them to Christlike maturity.
15 Core Values bring clarity and a new perception and understanding to the things that matter most at New Perspective Community (NPC). They guide how we achieve our mission, influencing major leadership decisions as well as everyday ministry plans. They even help us navigate staffing and budget issues. In short, they keep us focused on the unique call God has given us as a local community of faith.
- A New Perspective of Christ Centred: NPC believes that nothing we do or say has value without Jesus. Jesus is the joy of our present and the hope for our future. We exist to know Jesus and make Him known to all. We honour Jesus as Creator, Saviour and Lord as we preach Jesus, worship Jesus and serve Jesus. Romans 11:36; 1 Corinthians 1:4-9; Colossians 3:11; John 15:5 and Colossians 2:6-8
- A New Perspective of Scripture: NPC believes that the Scripture is more than God’s informative tool of His will, it is the Divine Transformative Instrument for shaping humans to a Christlike character. NPC encourages searching the Scriptures and proclaiming the Everlasting Gospel to others. James 1:22; Hebrews 4:12 and 2 Timothy 3:14-17
- A New Perspective of Prayer: NPC believes that it is a great privilege to connect directly with God through prayer. Having this intimate moment with the Lord is what makes our relationship with Him intensify and grow each day. He has promised us that His eyes are open and His ears are attentive to our prayers. NPC encourages each person to develop a spirit of dependency on God by seeking Him individually and as a community. 1 John 5:14; 2 Chronicles 7:14, 15 and Philippians 4:6, 7
- A New Perspective of Worship: NPC believes that worship is our personal response to God’s grace. NPC seeks to help people discover a life of worship. One that engages both the heart and mind as we celebrate who God is and what He does for us. Romans 12:1-2; Isaiah 12; John 4:24 and Psalm 30:4
- A New Perspective of Service: NPC believes that the highest calling of any follower of Christ is to be a servant. We are most Christlike when we serve, placing the needs of others before our own. NPC is a place to serve people and serve God. That’s what we are about. Matthew 20:28; Galatians 5:13, 14 and 1 Peter 4:10
- A New Perspective of Family: NPC believes that from the beginning, God intended for families to provide the foundation for a strong society. NPC seeks to provide ministry to the whole family, regardless of what form that family may take, focusing on families and integrating them into ministry. Deuteronomy 6:4-9; Ephesians 6:1-4 and Titus 2:1-3
- A New Perspective of Belonging: NPC believes that each person belongs to God because He has loved, created, and sustained every human being. Regardless of race, religion, or lifestyle everybody belongs to God. NPC seeks to live out this truth providing an inclusive and safe environment of acceptance and belonging for everyone. Psalm 100:3; Matthew 10:40 and Romans 15:7
- A New Perspective of Life Transformation: NPC believes that God meets us all where we are as individuals and communities, but we also know that He loves us too much to let us stay the same. NPC seeks to create a community of healing that sets us free from destructive habits and help each person to reflect the life and image of Christ. Romans 12:2; Psalm 51:10 and 2 Corinthians 5:17
- A New Perspective of Community: NPC believes that God created us to live out and experience fellowship through selfless relationships with Him and one another. NPC seeks to establish a transformational community where authentic relationships are cultivated through love, respect, acceptance, honour, loyalty, transparency, self-giving, honesty, optimism, fun and accountability. Acts 2:42-47; Hebrews 10:24-25 and Psalm 133:1
- A New Perspective of Discipleship: NPC believes that God desires to restore His image in each person. Through an authentic and intentional relationship with God and each other, we can reflect the character and values of Jesus. NPC seeks to invite others to join us in this lifelong journey of discipleship. Matthew 28:19, 29; Luke 6:40, 9:23 and Galatians 4:19
- A New Perspective of Creativity: NPC believes that creativity is part of the very nature and character of God. We were made in the image of a creative God. NPC seeks to reflect the creativity of God through innovation, flexibility, adaptability and creativity. Genesis 1:1, 27; Exodus 35:31, 32 and Ephesians 2:10
- A New Perspective of Small Groups: NPC believes that God has designed us to live in relationships where we are loved and accepted. NPC identifies small groups as an effective vehicle to provide meaningful care for one another. The small group experience includes living out our faith in community, learning to love God and one another, investigating God’s Word, and ultimately experiencing real and deep fellowship. Acts 2:42-47; Matthew 18:20 and Mark 12:28-31
- A New Perspective of Relevance: NPC believes that Jesus becoming man bridged the gap between Himself and humanity. Jesus entered our world, our culture, a community, and even a family. He was fully immersed in a first-century Jewish culture, encompassing language, religion, cuisine, social habits, music and arts, but He still embodied the Gospel Message. NPC seeks to live out an incarnational ministry, immersing ourselves into local culture and ‘becoming Jesus’ to our culture, closing the gap between culture and community of faith. As culturally-relevant community, our language, forms, and style of ministry must resonate with our culture, while at the same time never compromising the timeless Gospel message. John 1:1, 14; Philippians 2:5-11; 1 Corinthians 9:19-23 and Romans 12:1, 2
- A New Perspective of Leadership: NPC believes that all believers have equal access to God and are called to serve. Men, women and children are ministers of the grace of God. Each person has been given gifts, talents and abilities to be discovered, developed, and deployed. NPC seeks to mature and release every person into their destiny and potential so that the community is fully supplied and functioning effectively. 1 Peter 2:9; Ephesians 4:11-13; 1 Corinthians 12:7,12
- A New Perspective of Excellence: NPC believes that excellence reflects God. Excellence is doing the best with what God has given us. He wants His people to abound or excel in both who they are and what they do. NPC seeks the highest quality in every area of life and ministry to the glory of God. Ecclesiastes 9:10; Matthews 23:37, 38 and Philippians 1:9, 10